Google Is Requiring HTTPS Websites for Secure Data in Chrome
In October 2017, a new Google Chrome penalty goes into effect. Google Chrome announced this in April, which caused concern for some business owners. The new penalty affects Non-HTTPS websites when they try to collect data from visitors, or when visitors come to the website through an unrecognized window.
In October, visitors may get a message that the site is not secure. This might cause them to immediately leave, or they may feel that they shouldn’t do business on your website. They might perceive a risk if they continue entering information.
Keep People on Your Website by Taking Action
The smartest way to prevent this is to hire professionals like the experts from Electrifying Design to look over your website and make necessary changes so that using your site continues to be a seamless experience. Free fixes being offered are definitely not recommended. The top 10 reasons to hire a professional are:
1) Free Fixes Will Not Solve Your Problem – Having websites converted for free doesn’t work. Professionals have put hours of work into finding what does work.
2) Plug-Ins are Not Used by Professionals – Plug-ins that free services may use can cause problems later, so professionals don’t use them.
3) Working Links – While free services re-direct links, hiring the professional web development firm relies on from Electrifying Design ensures that links are kept in working condition.
4) No Continuous Plug-In Issues – With free services, plug-ins come standard. With a professional web development firm Portland, you won’t be left stranded with plug-ins that don’t work.
5) You Want a Green Padlock – A green padlock means HTTPS features are working properly. If you try using a free fix, you may not get this padlock, and you probably won’t know it.
6) Potential Issues from Mixed Media – If you develop mixed media issues using a free fix, you’ll have to fix them yourself or hire someone later to fix them. The smartest move is to hire a professional web development firm Portland from the start.
7) Security Headers Where They Belong – With the services of the professional web development Portland trusts for a reliable fix, your security headers will be exactly as they should be, letting users know they’re using a secure site.
8) No Re-Directing Issues – Free fixes offered for non-HTTPS websites can cause an overabundance of re-directs that can cause further problems down the road. A professional fix is recommended.
9) Site Breakdowns – With a free fix, if the website breaks down, you’re stranded. When you use a professional service to fix your non-HTTPS websites, experienced technicians use tools like checklists to ensure that the site works properly.
10) Analytics Will Be Updated – Professionals know the nuances of keeping Google analytics updated so all tracking is done correctly.
Making Sure Your Website is ready with a Professional Web Development Firm Portland
The best thing you can do is to make sure you site is ready for the new changes. You can do this by using the professional services of a web development firm Portland like Electrifying Design for website updating. Being prepared is always your best option.