When is a good time to Update Your Website?
Sometimes you may look at a website and think, this website is really old, outdated and doesn’t even feature any of the newest technological advances. You may come to the conclusion that if a company is not concerned about their website, they may not do a good job at the service they offer or sell good products.
To have a good and well-functioning website you need the professionals from Electrifying Design Portland. A professional web design company focuses on creating a site that’s not only easy to navigate, boldly and brightly designed, but also gets the company’s message across. When does your website need an update? A Website is like a car or your teeth; maintenance throughout the year needs to be done for it to run smoothly and bug free.
10 Reliable Ways to Decide if your Website Needs Updating
It’s not always easy to tell if your website is in need of a revamping. Here are 10 good ways to tell if your site needs to be updated:
– Loading Slowly – Websites should come up and be ready to use fairly quickly. If it’s taking too much time, it might be time for an update.
– Last Update – If the last time your site was updated was over 3-5 years ago, it’s time.
– Broken Links – Check your site periodically for broken links. All links should be working on a well running website.
– Slow or No Response – Websites today need to be responsive no matter how users access them. They should work well with smart phones, laptops, tablets and other devices.
– Trouble Adding Content – When it’s time to add new content, if your website is challenging to add to, that can mean it’s time to be updated.
– People Leave Quickly – If visitors are leaving your site soon after clicking on it that means there’s an issue that needs addressing.
– Icons No Longer Working – If older icons for Facebook or other social media no longer work or are missing, an update by a professional web design company is in order.
– SEO Rank is Dropping – If your ranking is dropping among search engines, that usually means there are issues with the site and the site should be looked at to determine the reasoning behind a drop in ranking.
– Search Engines Cannot Find Your Site – If search engines cannot even find your site, it’s time for an overhaul. You want your site to come up in searches, preferable towards the top of the rankings.
– Outdated Copyright – Look at your copyright date. If it’s been over three to five years, it’s time for updating.
Every 6 Months Check for Updates & Every 3 to 5 Years Update Your Website
With Electrifying Design you are getting exceptional quality at a reasonable price point. Our knowledge ranges from small business websites to corporate ERP software solutions. In this generation and future updating your website is a must.
Best advice is to ask your developer every six months to a year if there are any new updates needed and ask after 3-5 years when it is a good time to redo your website.
Or go to the top of the page on the right and click “Contact Us” button.
Free estimate form under “contact us”, and I will get back to you within 24 hours.